Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

God Bless all the victims and families of 9/11!

I remember I was in the fifth grade when the tragedy occured. As my classmates and I were sitting in English class, we get an announcement from the principal. She announced taht something had occurred, something really terrible, and she wanted us to go home and talk to our parents about it. I remember so many things going through my head, "Did someone from my school get killed?," "Is school getting closed down?" I was very scared to find ou tthe news.

Throughout the day, I asked faculty and other students if they knew what was going on, and no one would tell. I was getting very anxious and my mind started to wander off to scary thoughts of what could of possibly happened.

Finally it was time to get on the buses to go home. Even our fun and outgoing busdriver seemed rather serious that day. She did not play the radio like she normally would. When we asked her what was going on, we recieved the same response, "Talk to your parents when you get home, I can not say anything."

When the bus stopped at my bus stop, I ran home. When I got inside, my parents were watching the news. There were images of airplanes and crumbling buildings all over the screen. They were some of the most terrifying pictures I had ever seen. People were crying, there were firefighters and police everywhere.

Then my parents made me sit down and they explained to me what the pictures were representing. I remember feeling so sad for what had occurred to the many innocent people. I started crying and praying for all the victims and their families. But, there was also a sense of anger in me. I was angry because I felt so safe wherever I went, and that incident made me realize that bad things can happen to you no matter where you are.

I will always remember 9/11. It opened up the eyes of many Americans. The victims and their families will always be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. I remember September 11th, I was ten years old I think. Coming home from school not knowing what the hell was going on. Sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so sad. It crazy how much America was brought together after it though.

    ReplyDelete