People always told me that college was different from high school, that college was all about how much self motivation you have. I never believed it, but now, I live by it. College is completely different from high school. And the self motivation thing-so true. Before, I had "took orders" from my teachers and did the homework they gave me so that I could earn the points for it. Now, wether I do my homework or not is my business. No one checks it, so you have to motivate yourself to do it. Before, I would of never done it if I knew that no one would check it, but now that I have grown up, I realize that it is the best thing for me. Now, regardless of wether the teacher checks it or not, I do it. It does not matter to me if no one else did it, because in all honesty, no one is going to care what I do, I have to care about myself and do what is best for me.
Sometimes I look back on how much college has changed my life, even though I have been there for 2 weeks. It has already taught me a lot about self motivation and were determination will take me. I look back and I miss being a kid and having a carefree life sometimes, but then I take a second thought and think that nothing beats being treated with the respect that you receive when you are considered a grown up.
Nice post! College is quite something, no one monitors you, but you are your own boss! It almost feels weird doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteThank you! I like being on my own. Im so used to it because my parents don't really speak English so I have had to do everything by myself all my life.
ReplyDeleteYour post hit the nail on the head. Durring highschool there were always teachers telling you when things needed to be done and how to do them. college however is alot more independant but something i can definitly get used to
ReplyDeleteaw, etleva you're so mature :) lol
ReplyDeleteThanks Bobby, and Erin? Hahaha.
ReplyDelete