Saturday, October 3, 2009

There is no place like home!



I was born in a place called Albania. It is located in Eastern Europe. When I was 7 my family decided to move to America. Everyday, at least one person asks me what I like more, America or Albania...my response is always, 'There is no place like home.'

Saranda
Having spent 7 years of my life there makes it really hard from me to forget the memories. Alb
ania, in my opinion, is one of the most
beautiful places in the world! It is equipped tall mountains, sky blue beaches, thousands of stores, and wonderful artistic architecture! The views are just simply breathtaking. I have visited 3 times since I have come to America. With each visit, it gets harder to leave.

While I am there, nothing in the world could explain how much fun I have. Spending time with my family there is amazing. The respect that the natives show for one another, and outsiders, is fabulous. There is always something to do, no matter how old you are. The events and festivals are very extravagant. The weddings are my favorite events! A wedding celebration goes on for a week, the nights are spent dancing and singing, while during the day we eat, drink and dance. The teenagers go to clubs and cafes in the downtown areas to hang out. Usually, they play soccer during the day or go to one of the many beaches. The adults also go out to cafes and bars to spend time with friends.


Having lived in America, everyone looks at you different. They are always curious about how America is like. I LOVE sharing my stories and memories of America with them. It is so awesome to teach my cousins English. One time when I was there, my cousin took me to school with her. She had an English class. When the students and teacher found out that I was American, they were electrified to have finally met one. I taught the lesson for the day and I had a great time!

I LOVE going to Albania. I have such a great time catching up with my family who lives there. I miss Albania VERY much. My memories there will always stay in my heart. I cannot wait until the next time I go again!!




2 comments: